Rugby today is a living historic village that consists of a non-profit called Historic Rugby, Inc., its members, and a small bustling community of residents and businesses. We remain a village much like the original village founded in 1880 by Thomas Hughes!
Historic Rugby, Inc. (HRI) offers our guests several lodging facilities, The Harrow Road Cafe and our store, The Commissary. Tours to important historic buildings are also offered on certain days for visitors. Due to the last few severe and unpredictable winters, our “season” now begins in mid March and continues through mid-December. Hours of operation for our tours, store and Cafe are seasonal, so please contact us or call us at 423-628-2441 for specific information.
Our talented villagers and members volunteer and partner with HRI on existing events and also help create new events. We are fortunate that volunteers have coordinated to keep the popular historic Print Shop open on high traffic weekends!
Our volunteers, working hand-in-hand with our staff members, are the reason we are able to provide quality programming and events throughout the year!
THANK-YOU! to everyone who participates in growing our community and historic non-profit!