Protected, Wooded Lots For Sale By Historic Rugby
Historic Rugby has developed several homesite areas in the National Register Historic District, based on the 1880 town plan, starting with 32-lot Beacon Hill, which is sold out and now has 21 design approved homes built.
Now available are three beautiful wooded lots in Boyle Woods surrounded by the Rugby State Natural Area. These properties have similar guidelines and goals as Beacon Hill:
- to further the preservation of the architectural style and identity and the original town plan of the Rugby Colony National Register Historic District
- to encourage the repopulation of the Rugby community toward its historic size of around 200-250 residents
- to retain protected natural areas around homesites with greenway access
- to provide economic support to Historic Rugby for its preservation and educational purposes, and social and economic enhancement to the community and the region.
3 Boyle Woods lots are currently available:
- Lot 1, 1.85 Acres - $36,640
- Lot 2, 3.13 Acres - $60,960
- Lot 6, 2.44 Acres - $47,600
Design approved homes in the 1,500 to 3,000 square foot range will be the norm, though exceptions may be granted depending upon design, mass, proportion, and siting.
Historic Rugby has developed a Resource Manual to provide to all lot owners which includes a copy of the Rugby Master Plan Design Guidelines, a copy of the Deed of Easement and Declaration of Restrictive Covenants; examples of historically compatible home designs which can be adapted by an architect or draftsperson; examples of historically compatible designs which can be purchased ready to build with modifications made if needed; listings of area contractors and other pertinent material. Historic Rugby staff will be available to provide assistance to lot owners throughout the planning and building process.